- Haruka Arashida, Haruka Odake, Masayuki Sugawara, Ryota Noda, Kaori Kakizaki, Satoshi Ohkubo, Hisayuki Mitsui, Shusei Sato and Kiwamu Minamisawa, “Evolution of rhizobial symbiosis islands through insertion sequence-mediated deletion and duplication”, ISME Journal, 16, 112–121, 2022.
- Tomohiro Nomura, Yoshiaki Seki, Makoto Matsuoka, Kenji Yano, Koki Chigira, Shunsuke Adachi, Francisco J. Piñera-Chavez, Matthew Reynolds, Satoshi Ohkubo and Taiichiro Ookawa, “Potential of rice landraces with strong culms as genetic resources for improving lodging resistance against super typhoons”, Scientific Reports, 11: 15780, 2021.
- Makoto Kashima, Ryota L Sakamoto, Hiroki Saito, Satoshi Ohkubo, Ayumi Tezuka, Ayumi Deguchi, Yoichi Hashida, Yuko Kurita, Koji Iwayama, Shunsuke Adachi, and Atsushi J Nagano, “Genomic Basis of Transcriptome Dynamics in Rice under Field Conditions”, Plant and Cell Physiology, 62 (9): 1436–1445, 2021.
- Sotaro Honda, Satoshi Ohkubo, Nan Su San, Anothai Nakkasame, Kazuki Tomisawa, Keisuke Katsura, Taiichiro Ookawa, Atsushi J. Nagano and Shunsuke Adachi, “Maintaining higher leaf photosynthesis after heading stage could promote biomass accumulation in rice”, Scientific Reports, 11: 7579, 2021.
- Satoshi Ohkubo, Yu Tanaka, Wataru Yamori, Shunsuke Adachi, “Rice cultivar Takanari has higher photosynthetic performance under fluctuating light than Koshihikari, especially under limited nitrogen supply and elevated CO2”, Frontiers in Plant Science, 11: 1308, 2020.
- Satoshi Ohkubo, Takeshi Saito, Muhammad Abul Kalam Azad, Hiromitsu Kawai, Wataru Suda, Shin Kore-eda, Shoichiro Hamamoto, Hirotaka Saito, Takato Takemura, Toshiko Komatsu, and Jun-ichi Ohnishi, “Microbial community structures in terrestrial subsurface sediments from the southern Kanto Plain, Japan”, Geomicrobiology Journal, 37: 595–602, 2020.
- Shunsuke Adachi, Yu Tanaka, Atsuko Miyagi, Makoto Kashima, Ayumi Tezuka, Yoshihiro Toya, Shunzo Kobayashi, Satoshi Ohkubo, Hiroshi Shimizu, Maki Kawai-Yamada, Rowan F. Sage, Atsushi J. Nagano, and Wataru Yamori, “High-yielding rice Takanari has superior photosynthetic response under fluctuating light to a commercial rice Koshihikari”, Journal of Experimental Botany, erz304, 2019.
- Satoshi Ohkubo and Hideaki Miyashita, “A niche for cyanobacteria producing chlorophyll f within a microbial mat”, ISME Journal, 11: 2368–2378, 2017.
- Takeshi Saito, Shoichiro Hamamoto, Takashi Ueki, Satoshi Ohkubo, Per Moldrup, Ken Kawamoto, and Toshiko Komatsu, “Temperature change affected groundwater quality in a confined marine aquifer during long-term heating and cooling”, Water Research, 94: 120–127, 2016.
- Nobuhiro Aburai, Satoshi Ohkubo, Hideaki Miyashita, and Katsuya Abe, “Composition of carotenoids and identification of aerial microalgae isolated from the surface of rocks in mountainous districts of Japan”, Algal Research, 2: 237–243, 2013.
- Shuntaro Yamada, Satoshi Ohkubo, Hideaki Miyashita, and Hiroaki Setoguchi, “Genetic diversity of symbiotic cyanobacteria in Cycas revoluta (Cycadaceae)”, FEMS Microbiology Ecology, 81 (3): 696-706, 2012.
- Satoshi Ohkubo and Hideaki Miyashita, “Selective detection and phylogenetic diversity of Acaryochloris spp. that exist in association with didemnid ascidians and sponge”, Microbes and Environments, 27 (3): 217–225, 2012.
- Shinya Akutsu, Daiki Fujinuma, Hayato Furukawa, Tadashi Watanabe, Mayumi Ohnishi- Kameyama, Hiroshi Ono, Satoshi Ohkubo, Hideaki Miyashita, and Masami Kobayashi, “Pigment analysis of a chlorophyll f-containing cyanobacterium strain KC1 isolated from Lake Biwa”, Photomedicine and Photobiology, 33: 35–40, 2011.
- Yuichiro Kashiyama, Hideaki Miyashita, Satoshi Ohkubo, Nanako O Ogawa, Yoshito Chikaraishi, Yoshinori Takano, Hisami Suga, Takashi Toyofuku, Hidetaka Nomaki, Hiroshi Kitazato, Toshi Nagata, and Naohiko Ohkouchi, “Evidence for global chlorophyll d”, Science, 321: 658, 2008.
- Satoshi Ohkubo, Hideaki Miyashita, Akio Murakami, Haruko Takeyama, Tohru Tsuchiya, and Mamoru Mimuro, “Molecular detection of epiphytic Acaryochloris spp. on marine macroalgae”, Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 72 (12): 7912–7915, 2006.