Mar 1996, Completed the doctorate course in Department of Sciences (Biology), Graduate School of Science, Nagoya University
Apr. 1996 - Mar. 1999, Researcher, Mitsui Plant Biotechnology Research Institute, Inc.
Apr 1999 - May 1999, Contract Researcher, Kazusa DNA Research Institute
June 1999 - May 2002, Visiting/Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Biological Sciences, The University of Warwick (June 1999 - May 2001, JSPS Overseas Research Fellowship)
July 2002 - December 2006, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Plant Developmental Biology, Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research
Apr. 2007 - Mar. 2010, Postdoctoral Researcher, Research Institute of Biological Sciences, Okayama
Apr 2010 - Mar. 2012, Postdoctoral Researcher, Okayama Prefectural Technology Center for Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Research Institute for Biological Sciences
Apr. 2012 - Mar. 2018, Postdoctoral Researcher, Kazusa DNA Research Institute
Apr 2018 - Mar 2019, Appointed Lecturer, Laboratory of Forest Metabolic Chemistry, Department of Diagnostic and Integrative Research in the Biosphere, Institute for Biosphere Research, Kyoto University
Apr 2019 - Mar 2021, Project Researcher, Kazusa DNA Research Institute
Apr. 2021 - Mar. 2023, Academic Research Fellow/Project Researcher, Laboratory of Symbiotic Genomics, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University/Kazusa DNA Research Institute
Apr. 2023 - Present, Project Assistant Professor, Department of Ecodynamics, Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University
- Eiji Takita, Kazuya Yoshida, Shigeru Hanano, Atsuhiko Shinmyo, Daisuke Shibata. Development of the binary vector pTACAtg1 for stable gene expression in plant: Reduction of gene silencing in transgenic plants carrying the target gene with long flanking sequences. Plant Biotechnology, 38(4) 391-400. 2021.
- Shigeru Hanano, Hajime Tomatsu, Ai Ohnishi, Koichi Kobayashi, Yuki Kondo, Shigeyuki Betsuyaku, Eiji Takita, Yoshiyuki Ogata, Keishi Ozawa, Kunihiro Suda, Tsutomu Hosouchi, Takahiro Nagase, Hideyuki Suzuki, Nozomu Sakurai, Hiroshi Masumoto, Hiroo Fukuda, Daisuke Shibata. An Artificial Conversion of Roots into Organs with Shoot Stem Characteristics by Inducing Two Transcription Factors. iScience, 23(7) 101332. 2020.
- Yoshitsugu Hirose, Kunihiro Suda, Yao-Guang Liu, Shusei Sato, Yukino Nakamura, Koji Yokoyama, Naoki Yamamoto, Shigeru Hanano, Eiji Takita, Nozomu Sakurai, Hideyuki Suzuki, Yasukazu Nakamura, Takakazu Kaneko, Kentaro Yano, Satoshi Tabata, Daisuke Shibata. The Arabidopsis TAC Position Viewer: A high-resolution map of transformation-competent artificial chromosome (TAC) clones aligned with the Arabidopsis thaliana Columbia-0 genome. The Plant Journal, 83(6) 1114-1122. 2015.
- Eiji Takita, Katsunori Kohda, Hajime Tomatsu, Shigeru Hanano, Kanami Moriya, Tsutomu Hosouchi, Nozomu Sakurai, Hideyuki Suzuki, Atsuhiko Shinmyo, Daisuke Shibata. Precise sequential DNA ligation on A solid substrate: Solid-based rapid sequential ligation of multiple DNA molecules. DNA Research, 20(6) 583-592. 2013.
- Shigeru Hanano, Koji Goto. ArabidopsisTERMINAL FLOWER1 Is Involved in the Regulation of Flowering Time and Inflorescence Development through Transcriptional Repression. The Plant Cell, 23(9) 3172-3184. 2011.
- Shigeru Hanano, Ralf Stracke, Marc Jakoby, Thomas Merkle, Malgorzata A Domagalska, Bernd Weisshaar, Seth J Davis. A systematic survey in Arabidopsis thaliana of transcription factors that modulate circadian parameters. BMC Genomics, 9 182. 2008.
- Shigeru Hanano, Seth J. Davis. Mind the Clock. Plant Signaling & Behavior, 2(6) 477-479. 2007.
- Shigeru Hanano, Malgorzata A. Domagalska, Ferenc Nagy, Seth J. Davis. Multiple phytohormones influence distinct parameters of the plant circadian clock. Genes to Cells, 11(12) 1381-1392. 2006.
- Shigeru Hanano, Seth J. Davis. Pseudo-Response Regulator genes tell the time of day: multiple feedbacks in circadian system of higher plants. Annual Plant Reviews, Vol 21, Endogenous Plant Rhythms 25-56. 2006.
- Maria E. Eriksson, Shigeru Hanano, Megan M. Southern, Anthony Hall, Andrew J. Millar. Response regulator homologues have complementary, light-dependent functions in the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Planta, 218(1) 159-162. 2003.
- Shigeru Hanano, Masayuki Amagai, Takakazu Kaneko, Chikara Kuwata, Taneaki Tsugane, Nozomu Sakurai, Yasukazu Nakamura, Daisuke Shibata, Satoshi Tabata. Analysis of gene expression in Arabidopsis thaliana by array hybridization with genomic DNA fragments aligned along chromosomal regions. The Plant Journal, 30(2) 247-255. 2002.
- Shigeru Hanano, Mamoru Sugita, Masahiro Sugiura. Structure and expression of the tobacco nuclear gene encoding RNA-binding protein RZ-1: The existence of an intron in the 3′-untranslated region. DNA Research, 3(2) 65-71. 1996.
- Shigeru Hanano, Mamoru Sugita, Masahiro Sugiura. Isolation of a novel RNA-binding protein and its association with a large ribonucleoprotein particle present in the nucleoplasm of tobacco cells. PLANT MOLECULAR BIOLOGY, 31(1) 57-68. 1996.