For Students


Request for issuance of various certificates

How to Apply
  • Please fill out the application form  "Request for Certificate" (designated form) and submit it to the Academic Affairs Section of the Graduate School of Life Sciences.
  • Applications can be accepted directly at our office in Katahira, by mail, or by university mail "Gakunaibin".

* If you wish to have your certificate sealed, please write "sealed" in the remarks column of the application.

* If you are a currently enrolled student, please use the automatic certificate issuing machine. For certificates related to academic achievement that cannot be printed out by the machine, please submit an application to the Academic Affairs Section.

Request for Certificate (JP/EN)

Although the certificate will be issued within a day after the application is submitted, please make sure to apply in advance if the application is to be mailed on weekends or holidays.

Fees and Charges

No fee is required. You will only be charged for the postage.

Envelope and stamps (for those who wish to recieve the certificates via mail)

The issued certificate can be sent to you. For those who live in Japan, please write your name, address, and postal code on the return envelope, paste a stamp on it and send it together with the applicaation form to our office.

   For standard size envelopes (定形封筒)
   1 to 2 certificates - 84 yen
   3 to 5 certificates - 94 yen
   For non-standard envelopes (定形外の封筒)
   4 to 7 certificates - 120 yen

If you wish to have your application sent by express mail, please add a 290 yen stamp to the above stamp fee.

If you are outside Japan and need an original copy of the certificate, please contact the Academic Affairs Section via email. 
lif-kyom*grp.tohoku.ac.jp (please exchange * to @)


Academic Affairs Section,
Graduate School of Life Sciences,
Tohoku University
Miyagi, Sendai, Aoba-ku, Katahira 2-1-1