- M. Ushio, C. Hsieh, R. Masuda, E. R. Deyle, H. Ye, C.-W. Chang, G. Sugihara and M. Kondoh (2018) Fluctuating interaction network and time-varying stability of a natural fish community. Nature 554: 360-363. (http://rdcu.be/Gt2J)
- S. Yamamoto, K. Minami, K. Fukaya, K. Takahashi, H. Sawada, H. Murakami, S. Tsuji, H. Hashizume, S. Kubonaga, T. Horiuchi, M. Hongo, J. Nishida, Y. Okugawa, A. Fujiwara, M. Fukuda, S. Hidaka, K. W. Suzuki, M. Miya, H. Araki, H. Yamanaka, A. Maruyama, K. Miyashita, R. Masuda, T. Minamoto, M. Kondoh (2016) Environmental DNA as a ‘Snapshot’ of Fish Distribution: A Case Study of Japanese Jack Mackerel in Maizuru Bay, Sea of Japan. PLoS One 11: e0149786.
- A. Mougi and M. Kondoh (2016) Food-web complexity, meta-community complexity and community stability. Scientific Reports 6: 24478.
- A. Mougi and M. Kondoh (2012) Diversity of interaction types and ecological community stability. Science 337: 349-351.
- M. Kondoh, S. Kato and Y. Sakato (2010) Food webs are built up with nested subwebs. Ecology 91: 3123-3130.
- T. Miki, M. Ushio, S. Fukui and M. Kondoh (2010) Functional diversity of microbial decomposers facilitates plant coexistence in a plant–microbe–soil feedback model. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 107: 14251-14256.
- M. Kondoh and K. Ninomiya (2009) Food-chain length and adaptive foraging. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series B. 276: 3113-3121.
- M. Kondoh (2008) Building trophic modules into a persistent food web. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 105: 16631-16635.
- M. Kondoh (2003) Foraging adaptation and the relationship between food-web complexity and stability. Science 299: 1388-1391.
- M. Kondoh (2001) Unifying the relationships of species richness to productivity and disturbance. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series B 268: 269-271.